Up to 3 positions based at Flint Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2NF (Currently homebased) (Transformation and Operational Services Team)
Up to 3 positions based at Civic Centre One, Huddersfield, HD1 2NF (Currently homebased) (Corporate Transformation Team)
Are you a talented and collaborative Project Manager with experience supporting transformation and change?
The Council and its partners are undertaking a significant portfolio of transformational change activities that impact across the whole of the council and Kirklees. We want Kirklees to be a place which combines a strong and sustainable economy with a great quality of life; a place with thriving communities, growing businesses, high prosperity, low inequality and where people enjoy better health throughout their lives. We've been on a journey over the recent years to develop a very different organisation, one which is outcome focused.
Kirklees Council is leading the way by transforming services in the public sector, and we are looking for talented people to join us. This is your opportunity to help shape the future of Kirklees, to drive the delivery of improvements and to be part of our journey towards delivering the best possible services for Kirklees residents. There is scope to transform services delivered to Kirklees residents - the scale of this challenge requires support from the brightest and best talent in the sector.
We are seeking to fill up to 3 vacancies in our Transformation and Operational Services teams to deliver complex change projects for key services affecting Kirklees residents. Priority projects are in Operational Services which includes: management of parks and open spaces, waste and recycling collections, waste disposal, highways, transport, street cleansing, and various others.
In addition to this, we have three vacancies based with Kirklees Council's Corporate Transformation Team. The roles will be working on a range of change projects across the corporate centre and require collaboration with internal enablers, elected members, external partners and citizens. Current corporate priorities include: workforce transformation, Access to Services, the Technology Strategy and Place-Based working.
To be successful in this role you will need the technical knowledge, behaviours, and experience to enable transformational change. If successful, you will join ambitious, creative, and highly collaborative teams which continually strive for excellence as part of a modern, flexible, and emotionally intelligent workforce.
You will report to a Transformation Programme Manager and will work with colleagues across the council and partnership who are looking to transform what they do and how they do it. You will work in a highly collaborative way with colleagues from other key enabling functions.
Requirements for this job include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day development and delivery of one or more projects within the Transformation Portfolio
- Responsibility for ensuring the work is planned in a way to effectively achieve the required outcomes with support from the Programme Manager
- Describing how benefits to the organisation are identified, defined, tracked and optimised
- Supporting collaboration of change projects between the Transformation Team and other service areas and enablers
- Ensuring lines of communications with all stakeholders are in place whilst effectively managing stakeholder relationships to support implementation activities
- Keeping all information up to date to continually track the changing environment
- Reporting on progress to the Programme Manager and Programme Boards using clear, concise reports and dashboards
- Undertaking research and analysis into best practice from other local authorities, public sector organisations and private sector bodies and makes relevant contacts where appropriate
You will have day to day management of projects of work, ensuring that all services in scope are involved. You will plan and design projects proactively - monitoring progress, resolving issues, and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
Why work for Kirklees Council? We are a very supportive organisation and offer a number of flexible benefits such as:
- Flexible working
- Compressed hours
- Mobile and agile working (including some home working)
Please read the attached Additional Information for Candidates for more information about these jobs.
If you would like any further information about the roles or an informal conversation please contact Sarah Thistlethwaite, Transformation Programme Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please visit https://kirklees.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/brand-4/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/4/opp/2201-Project-Manager-Transformation-Teams/en-GB
In order to be short-listed for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Essential Criteria as detailed on the attached Job Profile. The above post is not a Leeds City Council vacancy and has been advertised on behalf of the relevant organisation. To apply please follow their application instructions.