We currently have an opportunity for a Kitchen Assistant to join our busy kitchen team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Role Responsibility
As a Kitchen assistant you will be responsible for:
The Ideal Candidate
- Assisting with the preparation and serving of all meals and beverages to customers
- Ensuring that the kitchen and service areas are clean and tidy
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are followed
- Cleanliness and replenishing of vending machines
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Possess good customer service skills
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
- The ability to demonstrate great team work
- Basic Food Hygiene & Basic Health & Safety Certificate is advantageous but not essential for this role
Kitchen Assistant required for busy school dining room, to work in the plate and pan wash area during lunch service.
Term Time only on a fixed term contract, the successful applicant will receive uniform and mandatory training as required. Previous experience in a similar role is an advantage but not essential.
Enhanced DBS required and subscription to the Update Service is an advantage to potential applicants.About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.