We are seeking a Building Maintenance Supervisor to be responsible for the support of a key office site in Reading. Working alongside and leading the current Maintenance Team to maintain the Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) building facilities and ensure legal compliance.
This role would be a good opportunity for an experienced M&E/Building Maintenance Engineer looking to take the next step in their career and move into the field of site management, or for an existing supervisor to support a prestigious client. You'll bring a sound understanding of Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) systems such as Heating and Ventilation (HVAC), Infrastructure and Electrical Equipment to support your client.
The role will include statutory compliance checks, minor electrical works and assisting the Contract Manager with the management of sub-contractors around the site, taking the lead on minor projects and managing the engineer workloads. Responsibilities will include:
- Planning, inspecting and carrying out repairs or preventative maintenance as required and responding to breakdowns in a timely fashion
- Performing statutory inspections of Emergency Lighting, Water Temperature checks, HVAC Maintenance, Fire Door inspection, Plumbing repairs, Lighting checks and other minor reactive works
- Being an ambassador for the customer; dealing professionally with complaints and queries and mangement of budgets and sub-contractors
- Supervising e ngineer sub-contractors upon attending site
- Minor building fabric repairs, there are two other Engineers on site, so as a team you will be expected to complete 90% of the repair work in-house, we would be looking for you to lead with the assignment of these works
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with agreed specifications and in line with Health & Safety legislation
- Up keep of site documentation so the compliance can be evidenced